Home‎ > ‎

About Us

A Little History

Pearson House Restaurant opened for business on

December 5, 1983

    This building was built in 1903, and was known as the “New Pearson Hotel”. It was constructed on the foundation of the old Pearson Hotel, that was built in 1876.  That building had burned in 1902.


    Since the remodeling of the restaurant space of the building in 2013, by Interior Designer, Greg Rogers, our three dining rooms reflect the memory of the “Lobby”, depicting a meeting area and registration desk.

    The “Barber Shop Room”, was the New Pearson Hotel barber shop in the earlier era.  A picture in our room, shared with us by a granddaughter of the barber, shows the original barber shop in operation.

    What had been the dining room in the original hotel, we now call, “The Vic”.  Our Victorian dining room has been made special with the visions that Mr. Rogers had for our room - the fireplace mantel and painting, window treatments, pictures, and especially the coffered ceiling area showing some of the pressed tin ceiling tiles, grandly refurbished. The tiles had been removed, due to building codes, prior to our opening in 1983. The pressed tin ceiling tiles in the Barber Shop Room and the hallway, are the original ones, updated decor-wise.

    Kroplin’s Jeweler’s area was the pool room and bar for the New Pearson House Hotel. There were 15 rooms upstairs and they are now four apartments. Several businesses have occupied the restaurant space over the years. Harris Bakery, women’s clothing store, ceramic shop and offices among them.